Important Items to Keep in Your Car This Winter in Case of an Emergency
Being stuck in your car during a winter storm with no supplies or emergency provisions can be life-threatening. There are a few items that you should keep either in your glove compartment or trunk to help you get through the crisis until you can move on or help comes to rescue you.
Items to Keep in Your Car in Case of an Emergency
- A first aid kit that is fully equipped and has been restocked after its last use.
- Blankets and hand warmers to keep warm if you are stuck in the snow.
- A fully charged cell phone to call 911. Always make sure that your phone is fully charged before you head out in wintery weather conditions.
- Flashlights and extra batteries so you can signal for help as well as light up your surroundings.
- Flares to signal for help or warn other drivers who may hit your car if you are stuck in the snow and visibility is low.
- Non-perishable food such as energy bars, nuts and dried fruit. Also, be sure to keep some bottled water in your car.
- Jumper cables, tire sealant for flat tires and, if possible, a small shovel.
What to Do If an Emergency Happens on the Road
Aside from having an emergency kit on hand, it’s also important to know what to do if an emergency happens while you’re on the road.
- Attempt to move your car off the road if you are able.
- If the emergency occurs at night, turn your flashers on to signify that you need assistance. If it happens during the daytime, raise the hood and tie a white cloth to the antenna of your car.
- Stay inside of your car with the windows rolled up and the doors locked while waiting for help.
- Do not ride with anyone you don’t know who stops to help you. Wait for authorities to arrive.
No matter how well-prepared or careful you are, you have no control of the other cars on the road. If you are injured in a vehicular accident due to the negligence of another driver, contact us at Campbell & Associates. for your free consultation. With associates available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week call us today at 704-333-0885.
FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL CASE REVIEW
We want to hear your story, so we can help.
Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. You can find the criteria for membership in the Million Dollar Advocates by clicking here. Campbell & Associates Personal Injury Firm does not represent or claim that similar results will be achieved in your case.
The National Trial Lawyers is a national organization composed of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers from each state. Membership to the organization is obtained through special invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and profile as trial lawyers, both civil plaintiff and criminal defense. For more information on the National Trial Lawyers organization click here. Campbell & Associates Personal Injury Firm does not represent or claim that similar results will be achieved in your case.