E-Cigarettes & Your Health
While the use of alternative smoking devices is on the rise, unfortunately so are the harmful effects. The use of these devices has shown direct links to serious medical issues, including death. While you may have been told through various media outlets or advertising itself that it is not harmful or addictive, unfortunately, these statements have been proven to be false. If you or a loved one have used these types of products for an extended amount of time, take a moment to educate yourself on potential risks that may be affecting your health now or in the future.
What You Should Know About Vaping
- When a substance is inhaled that contains nicotine, it is addictive
- Nicotine is considered a harmful substance
- Chemicals found in many vaping pods have harmful effects on the body or effects that haven’t been discovered yet
The Potential Health Hazards
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased risk of lung disease and chronic respiratory issues
- Increased resistance to insulin
When addictive products like electronic cigarettes make their way into the hands of our youth and adolescents these effects can be more traumatic. As our Charlotte youth can easily be influenced and often mislead by marketing tactics directly preying on them it is important to educate and pay attention to any damaging health outcomes as a direct result of the use of electronic cigarettes.
Risks of E-cigarettes for kids, teens and young adults
- The use of e-cigarettes is unsafe for kids, teens, and young adults.
- Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine. Nicotine is highly addictive and can harm adolescent brain development, which continues into the early to mid-20s.¹
- E-cigarettes can contain other harmful substances besides nicotine.
- Young people who use e-cigarettes may be more likely to smoke cigarettes in the future.
Information provided by the CDC.
Vaping may be worse than tobacco, new study finds.
Read the recent article from TIME
Call 704.333.0885 24/7 for a FREE consultation
Charlotte Personal Injury Attorneys
When injuries happen at the fault of someone else or a product, our team of Charlotte personal injury attorneys are ready to represent you.
If you or a loved one have suffered potential harmful side effects as a result of electronic cigarettes, please contact our experienced attorneys at Campbell & Associates today. Our legal team in Charlotte, North Carolina stands behind our clients to fight for the compensation they deserve. Your free consultation is just a phone call away, 704.333.0885.
Social Security Disability
Request Your Free Consultation Now
*By completing the below form you are giving permission for our team to contact you. Please do not provide any personal information in our form system.
Campbell & Associates
Our Charlotte, N.C. personal injury lawyers are here to help; we can patiently guide you toward the benefits you deserve. Call us today at Campbell & Associates for a free consultation to discuss your personal injury case in regards to vaping.704-333-0885.