While the use of alternative smoking devices is on the rise, unfortunately so are the harmful effects. The use of these devices has shown direct links to serious medical issues, including death. While you may have been told through various media outlets or advertising itself that it is not harmful or addictive, unfortunately, these statements have been proven to be false. If you or a loved one have used these types of products for an extended amount of time, take a moment to educate yourself on potential risks that may be affecting your health now or in the future.
What You Should Know About Vaping
- When a substance is inhaled that contains nicotine, it is addictive
- Nicotine is considered a harmful substance
- Chemicals found in many vaping pods have harmful effects on the body or effects that haven’t been discovered yet
The Potential Health Hazards
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased risk of lung disease and chronic respiratory issues
- Increased resistance to insulin
When addictive products like electronic cigarettes make their way into the hands of our youth and adolescents these effects can be more traumatic. As our Charlotte youth can easily be influenced and often mislead by marketing tactics directly preying on them it is important to educate and pay attention to any damaging health outcomes as a direct result of the use of electronic cigarettes.